Lvermectin Ineffective At Treating Covid-19

According to a study by the Ministry of Health, the procedure for killing animals with ivermectin does not reduce the effects of severe Covid-19 infection and does not recommend its inclusion in current treatment guidelines.

Director-General of Health Tan Sri Dr. Nur Hisham Abdullah in a statement said it was done in the Ivermectin (I-TECH) study conducted by the Institute for Clinical Research (ICR).

The study divided 500 hospitalized patients with Covid-19 type 2 or 3 infections into two groups.

One received a five-day course of standard care with ivermectin (0.4 mg/kg/day) and standard care (IVM group) and the other was the standard care group (SOC) for the Covid-19 MH guidelines. Patients in Government Hospital 20 and Quarantine and Covid-19 Care Center (PKRC) MAEPS 2.0.

Dr. Stephen Lim Chi Luun, the lead researcher from the I-TECH study, said that there was no significant difference in access to the Epidemiologist intensive care unit at Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital, Ipoh, and there was no significant difference in mechanical aspects. ventilation, symptoms, blood clotting, and radiographic clarity in both groups.

“The probability of complete recovery of symptoms with 5 -day enrollment between the IVM and SOC groups was very similar and not statistically significant; p = 0.77,” he said.

Dr. Nur Hisham said in the safety analysis that the worst cases in the IVM group were the most common in the SOC group, with diarrhea being the most common, and the worst cases reported in the IVM group for 28 days. Standards of care; that all. Insufficient statistics.

“According to Professor Lai Nai Ming and A / Professor Karutan from Taylor Medical School, who support independent statistical analysis, the I-TECH study could not confirm whether ivermectin was treated in hospital compared to standard care.”

“This is due to the small number of deaths (13/490), which has a limited assessment of the results,” he said.

Dr. Kalaiarasu M. Peariasamy, director of ICR, said that the findings of I-TECH showed that patients in the IVM group had a similar increase in 21.2% and 17 severe covid-19 cases compared to the SOC group. 3%

“For the same key outcome, the growth rate for the IVM group was 3.0 days, and the difference was not statistically significant compared to 2.9 days for the SOC group; p = 0.68,” said Dr. Kalaiarasu.

The Department of Health received approval from the Medical Research and Ethics Committee (MREC) on May 25, and a transparency trial will be held at on May 31. Planned for 2021.

Dr. Nur Hisham said the findings of this study were supported by other large-scale studies, such as the collaboration between IVERCOR-COVID19 in Argentina and Brazil. “Regular use of ivermectin is not supported in clinical practice,” said Dr. Nur Hisham.

“The results of this regional study are expected to inform doctors in Malaysia as well as the public who often ask about the effectiveness of ivermectin in clinical trials for Covid-19.”

“Unless further evidence is available, physicians have been warned not to advertise ivermectin illegally or sell ivermectin for Covid-19 treatment,” he said.

A Taliban Military Commander Was Killed In Kabul Attack

A Taliban military commander was killed by his men at a hospital in the Afghan capital in response to suicide bombings and Islamic State bombings, authorities said today.

The Taliban spent 20 years fighting the US-backed government before seizing control of Kabul in August.

They now face a struggle to ensure stability in Afghanistan as its rivals have been hit by bloody attacks by the Islamic State-Khorasan (IS-K) in recent weeks.

At least 19 people were killed yesterday in an attack on a major military hospital in Kabul, according to a Health Ministry official who declined to give his name.

Hamdullah Mokhlis, a member of the hardline Haqqani network and officer of the Badri Corps special forces, is the deadliest man since the Taliban took over Kabul.

“When the Daud Khan Hospital in Sardinia received information that it had been attacked, Maulvi Hamdullah (Mokhlis), the Kabul corps commander, immediately went to the scene,” the Taliban media chief said.

“We tried to stop, but he laughed. Then we found out that he was martyred in a previous fight at the hospital, “he added.

The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the entrance of the facility before the gun entered the hospital grounds.

In response, new authorities in Kabul deployed their special forces on the roof of the building with a helicopter intercepted by the former US-backed government in Afghanistan.

In a statement released on its Telegram channel, IS-K said “five Islamic State fighters carried out coordinated attacks at the same time” on the website.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said the death toll had dropped and the attack was canceled within 15 minutes as a result of the swift intervention.

“Our lives are coming to an end”

Although IS and the Taliban are Sunni Islamist fighters, they differ in religious and strategic details.

IS has carried out four deadly attacks since the Taliban’s capture on Aug. 15, including a suicide bombing at a Shiite mosque. The group considers Shiite Muslims to be heretics.

A hospital treating wounded soldiers from both the Taliban and former Afghan security forces was attacked in 2017 when bandits disguised as medical personnel killed at least 30 people in an hour-long siege.

The 2017 attacks were also carried out by Islamic State groups, and the Taliban denies responsibility.

Witnesses yesterday described a scene of AFP violence as patients and doctors tried to lock themselves into an upstairs room and one shot was fired.

A woman who was trapped in the hospital when the attack began told AFP how she and her friends “felt we were going to die, that our lives were coming to an end.”

“There was an explosion at the door,” poet and teacher Rowana Dawari told AFP.

“Daesh came and started firing, we were trapped. We heard gunshots, glass shattered. We were locked in the toilet, ”said IS, referring to his local name.

“Then the Taliban came and we saw them with our doctors, so we knew everything was fine.”